RSS Facebook Google+ Twitter YouTube

How to Hacktivate (bypass iCloud Activation) iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1.2


Hello guys, I'm going to make it short. After spending several days searching, testing, and trying tools that I've found online and on YouTube. I figured out a way that allowed me to Hacktivate my iPhone 4 running on iOS 7.1.2. So basically, This tutorial should work with any iPhone 4 running on iOS 7.1.2 and any previous version.

tl;dr This is How you Hacktivate (bypass iCloud Activation) iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1.2


For those who are not familiar with the term Hacktivate, Hacktivate means that you activate your iPhone when it is either locked by carrier or locked to an iCloud account.

This tutorial will show you how to hacktivate your iPhone 4, 100% MALWARE FREE and 10000000000% FREE NO BS.

Tools you need:

How to Hacktivate Your iPhone 4:

Step 1: Put your phone into DFU Mode (Hold Power button for 3 seconds, Press and Hold Home button for 10 seconds, release the Power button and keep pressing Home Button).
Step 2: Plug it into your computer. (It should be recognized by Windows/Mac/Linux..)
Step 3: Open the Java utility, it should end up by giving you:

Step 4: Open PuTTy and put "localhost" in Host Name and 2022 in Port.



Step 5: A prompt will ask you about a certificate, Press OK or Yes. then write root in username and alpine in the password (Don't worry, your password is hidden due to security reasons).
Step 6: Type "mount.sh", then "cd /mnt1/Applications", then "mv Setup.app Setup.app.old" then exit PuTTy..
Step 7: Open WinSCP, write localhost in your hostname, 2022 in port and the username root and the password alpine.
Step 8: Click the Terminal button and write mount.sh and then go to /mnt2/root/Library/Lockdown (Or type in the box cd /mnt2/root/Library/Lockdown ) and then, drag and drop the plist file there. A prompt will ask you to replace the exisitng file, press Yes and you're done!
Step 9: Hold the Power and the Home buttons until the recovery mode appears on your iPhone screen.
Step 10: Open TinyUmbrella, you should see your device, select it and Click on Exit Recovery

Now, your phone should boot normally and it should take you directly to the normal lock screen.

Remember, this hack will let you use your iPhone as an iPod and you can use it with iTunes in Airplane Mode.

This method was tested on an iPhone 4 as shown in this video.

[ Video was taken down due to copyright claims :-( ]

Please share this post if the method worked for you. If you need help, just leave a comment below or send a tweet to @shichemt :).

Tutorial pictures were taken from here and the front photo from here.

32 comments:

  1. At the end you mention that you can use it as an ipod but can you also use the phone normally after this hack?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, every app on the phone will work perfectly however you won't be able to make phone calls/facetime/SMS.

      Delete
  2. Worked great! On Step 8: Be sure to type in " cd /mnt2/root/Library/Lockdown " and not just "/mnt2/root/Library/Lockdown"or it won't in order to navigate the to the Lockdown directory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this change needs to be added to the guide, figured this out on my own too.

      Delete
  3. "Step 3: Open the Java utility, it should end up by giving you"

    What are you talking about, what utility?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Figured this out, you "assume" people have java installed, I did not. I installed it now.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I'll update the guide.

      Delete
  4. /private/var/root$ /mnt2/root/Library/Lockdown
    -sh: line 12: /mnt2/root/Library/Lockdown: is a directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Type "cd /mnt2/root/Library/Lockdown" and let me know.
      Forgot to add the "cd " part. Thanks for the heads up!

      Delete
  5. all right, I got clear through to the end, after finally figuring out to install itunes 11.0.4.4, not the newest version, my screen shows the "connect cord to itunes". Itunes says phone is in recovery mode and the "restore iphone" button is lit. I open Umbrella and I see my phone, but there's no "Exit Recovery " :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made this guide when iTunes 11.4.0.18 was the latest version. My bad.
      Did the downgrade solve your problem?

      Delete
    2. Yes, you can download the older versions. 11.0.4.4 worked fine. I thought I had bricked the phone so I let itunes try to restore it. The restore failed and I unplugged it and walked away. When I eventually returned to it, it turned on like normal with a screen full of apps. This is my 1st experience with any "Stupid Phone". My daughter gave it to me when she got a newer one, and someone had given to her but never gave her the icloud info or removed it from their account.I jusr want to load my mp3's on it tu use in the garage. Jailbreaking is next. Thanks for the guide.

      Delete
  6. Am I supposed to leave WinSCP open untill after step 10?

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, all the apps work, I can connect via wi-fi, but it will not connect to itunes using the cable :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. It should be working when you put the phone on Airplane Mode.

    ReplyDelete
  9. if tiny umbrella not work, for exit recovery mode, can with ireb r7 for ios6, go to "recovery mode loop fixer" tab, and press "set autoboot true"

    Thanks for this "howto"

    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    TinyUmbrella does not see my phone in the end
    What should I do?
    Please help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hold the Power button and Home button until you see iTunes Logo and then re-plug it to your computer. Let me know if that works!

      Delete
    2. Hi Alen,
      Still no device connected :(

      Delete
  11. it gets stuck on itunes screen i tried all plz do help me ruban_durai@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you try Exit Recovery from TinyUmbrella?
      Otherwise,
      Try:
      >>Neo Crivi
      >> if tiny umbrella not work, for exit recovery mode, can with ireb r7 for ios6, go to "recovery mode >> loop fixer" tab, and press "set autoboot true"

      Delete
  12. theres no exit recovery mode in tiny and i used ireb7 and went os boot into ios7.1.2 wht shall i do help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to TinyUmbrella, you should see your device in "Recovery Devices" list, select and then click on Exit Recovery. Let me know if that helped you.

      Delete
  13. What is plist file??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's listed above, you can download it from here: https://db.tt/jBELdMsz

      Delete
    2. when i browse the site you gave me https://db.tt/jBELdMsz it doesnt responds and i also dnt know where to drag the file

      Delete
  14. Hi. How much time is suposed to last the reboot. I did everything and now the iphone shows just the apple on the screen. It last for about 20 minutos and goes...
    Should be because im using itunes 12.4?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, it shouldn't take that long. It should take 2-7mn maximum. Try iTunes 11.4 and let us know!

      Delete